Wednesday, January 25, 2012

The night before...

Our bags are packed. Don's brother is drving us to the Orlando airport tomorrow. We have a 2 hour flight to Atlanta. There we will be meeting 5 other team members from Iowa. We will also be joined by Erik Hansen of KCCI and his photographer. In the evening we depart for Johannesburg, South AFrica. The flight is over 15 hours. I am not one to doze off easily, but I am going to give it my best effort to get some rest.
Psalm 4 last verse says, I will lie down and sleep in peace for you alone, O LORD, make me dwell in safety.
I think I will not get to lie down--flying economy of course. Don says the cheap seats.
I have turned off my phone and Verizon has supplied us with a global phone. Somehow we figured out how to get it turned on and gave it a few trial calls. Charging the camera battery one more time.
No posts until we are at our destination. Blessman Ministries will be meeting us at the airport Friday evening.
Plans are for a celebration on Saturday. The local donkey cart drivers will be going out to pick up the children. Chiefs will be attending. They will be celebrating that Meals from the Heartland has packed 20 million meals and Andrea will be bringing the 20 millionth one with her. That is something to celebrate on both sides of the ocean.
THANKS for keeping us lifted up in PRAYER. Don & Jan

No comments:

Post a Comment